Top Albums From 2020

Last+year+was+a+big+name+for+music+with+many+artists+albums+reaching+the+top+50.+

Image courtesy of the Rolling Stone.

Last year was a big name for music with many artist’s albums reaching the top 50.

Kylie McLean, Staff Writer

Most people during the pandemic have had an increase on their screen time, looking up and listening to music that interests them. Rolling Stone and Billboard have ranked their top albums of 2020. 

While quarantining music artists have had to work and make music from home. Some artists have said that working from home takes the stress out of creating new music. It can allow them to freely write without any obstacles in the way. Social media has also given artists the opportunity to promote their new music. 

Rolling Stone’s list consists of different genres of music. The 15 top albums include:

1. Ho, Why Is You Here?– Flo Milli
  2. Women in Music Pt. III– Haim
  3. City on Lock– City Girls

12.Letter to You– Bruce Springsteen

11.Chromatica– Lady Gaga

10.Punishers– Phoebe Bridgers

1. What’s Your Pleasure– Jessie Ware
  2. Eternal Atake– Lil Uzi Vert
  3. Saint Cloud– Waxahatchee
  4. RTJ4– Run the Jewels
  5. Future Nostalgia– Dua Lipa
  6. Rough and Rowdy Ways– Bob Dylan
  7. YHLQMDLG– Bad Bunny
  8. Fetch the Bolt Cutters– Fiona Apple
  9. Folklore– Taylor Swift

The staff of Billboard also create a list presenting their favorite albums of 2020. Their top albums are:

1. Punisher– Phoebe Bridgers
  2. RTJ4– Run The Jewels
  3. Starting Over– Chris Stapleton
  4. Good News– Megan Thee Stallion
  5. Positions– Ariana Grande
  6. Women in Music Pt. III– Haim
  7. Meet the Woo 2– Pop Smoke
  8. Gaslighter– The Chicks
  9. Fetch the Bolt Cutters– Fiona Apple
  10. My Turn– Lil Baby
  11. Chromatica– Lady Gaga
  12. YHLQMDLG– Bad Bunny
  13. After Hours– The Weekend
  14. Future Nostalgia– Dua Lipa
  15. Folklore– Taylor Swift. 

Taylor Swift’s Folklore ranked as the best album for both Rolling Stone and Billboard. In 2020 Swift was initially set to tour songs from her album Lover but with the coronavirus, she had to stay home and ended up creating her new album. The National Public Radio commented Folklore is a big left turn in style and subject matter; it also has already earned Swift some of the best reviews of her career.” 

A Saugus 9th grade student, Sabina Spurgin, shared her favorite album produced in 2020, “ I think Notes on a Conditional Form by The 1975 was my favorite.” Students can take time to themselves and listen to music that speaks to them and helps them get through their day. 

Last year was a rollercoaster, but new music people can listen to while staying home can put them in a relaxing state or uplift their mood. These albums produced helped lots of people get through 2020. Audiences that haven’t checked out some of these albums can browse and listen to different genres and pick which album interests them the most.